Tuesday 19 October 2010

Social Media in Context

 

I think I may have mentioned it before but I am a student of PR-although now a slightly progressed one as I am now on a Masters course.

During my first month on said course my peers and myself have been provided with a number of amazing opportunities. One such opportunity is been able to attend Communicate Magazines conference “Social Media in Context” at the wonderful Palace Hotel, Manchester.

The day consists of a number of talks by industry professionals about how social media has made an impact on their businesses and/or lives.

Due to morning lectures I was unable to attend the first half but when I did arrive, with my wonderful class mate Matt Horwood, we were greeted with a smiley face and a wonderful buffet.

In the conference room, circular tables are occupied by laptops, iPhones, Blackberrys and of course people, all at the ready to post their latest tweets, updates and blogs.

More blogs to follow…xoxo

No comments: